Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tick off Tuesday!

Thanks to Kelli, I needed to vent a little and so here it all goes.

I dont think alot of people understand how hard/demanding it is to be a single, FULL time working mom. Its not that im asking for someone to show me pitty or anything but DAMN at least be understanding. Alot of people will tell you they understand and blah blah blah, and I know some of them do. But really?? I dont think most of them really understand what its like to live day to day like we do.
My schedule is as follows...
6:00 am Alarm goes off
(coffee, fb, etc:)
6:30 Shower/lys wakes up and she watches show in mamas bed..
6:45-7:55 Getting ready
(lots of bribing, and repeating my self to get out the door)
8:00 Left the house for work/daycare
9:00 Arrive at work..
5:00 pm Leave work
5:45 Arrive at daycare
5:55 Arrive home/start dinner
6:45ish Eating dinner..
7:30 Bath/book time
8:00 Lys Bed time
8:01 Clean up the house and get ready to start all over the next day..

See.. not much time in there huh? I want everyone to know that its not like im complaining or anything cause I love to work. I love that alyssa goes to school and she really loves it too. She has learned to much, and made so many friends. Also in all reality working was the best decision that I could have made as a responsible woman and mom. I just want people to understand that I dont have alot of time on my hands, and neither does any other full time working mom, married or not. Its a hard lifestyle. Its really hard for us to do anything on the weekdays, and on the weekends cause were busy taking care of everything else. Sorry i just had to vent..Somethings people say can just be hurtful.

Thanks for joining this journey we call life.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Although its a topic about venting something that obviously gets to you, I just want to say I'm so happy to see a post from you!! I'm sorry some people don't seem to understand what you do. I know I don't, no one fully can who hasn't walked in your shoes. But you are doing a great job and you know it!

Erica said...

I admire all that you do Lelia! It's not easy working full time and taking care of your child. You are doing a great job though! Sometimes people say hurtful things and they have no idea what they're talking about because they've never been in that situation before. You just keep doing what is best for that beautiful little girl of yours and you!

Knowly said...

Being a parent with a hubby is hard enough. Whenever he is gone its hard. I can't imagine. It looks like you are doing a great job. Your daughter is blessed to have you.